Yes, on this first day of November, I am still alive. You shouldn't be too surprised that I haven't posted since August because well, this blogging thing just hasn't caught on with me yet. What have I been doing?
1. Part-time Math Teacher ... I am teaching two classes (we're on block) ... Foundations of Geometry (part one of year long geometry) and Honors Algebra II. Not too much to say here other than Foundations of Geometry is a major struggle for me and my Honors Algebra II class is HUGE and fourth period AND very smart AND very talkative.
2. Part-time Technology Facilitator ... I am doing my grad school internship. I was super lucky to have a principal that let me go half day to get it done and help the school out. I love every minute of what I am doing technology wise. Offering staff development is the highlight of my job and I want to do this for the rest of my life. I am so happy doing this. Now, I just need to find a place to do it full-time. I got a walkie which is helpful when needing to find people, but that also means it's easy to find me. No comment. :)
3. Grad School ... yep, trying to graduate in December. I've got two classes (one being my internship seminar). The seminar class is just fine, easily floating through that one. The other class ("Planning for Technology"), I was so excited for because of the description but it has actually turned out to be horrible and I am counting the days until I'm done (34 days). So glad this wasn't my first course because I think I would have dropped the entire program. It's THAT bad. I won't get into details, but yay, assuming I don't fail this class, I get to graduate in December.
4. Swim Coach ... still coaching part time at Pfeiffer University. I love those kids with all my life. I don't know what I would do without them in my life and going out there. Yes, it takes up A LOT of time and brings some short sleep nights, but they make my world go round. When I stepped down from high school coaching to go to grad school, I never thought I would be able to fall in love with another team. But, this part-time coaching deal has made me fall in love with these kids. College kids are SO much fun. I can't even explain.
5. Daughter, friend, girlfriend ... these are probably where I am slacking, but I am working hard to find balance in my life. I'll find complete balance soon ... I hope.
So, between all of this, I am rarely on Twitter and not blogging. I do read blogs and sometimes can catch some of my Twitter feed (though that is rare). I am alive. I am trying to make it by. So, bare with me as I finish up things and get my life together.
I am happy and content. I wish there were 30 hours in a day. But, we all make do with that we have. I'll be back, stronger than ever soon enough.
And, hopefully, I'll get to see you all at EduCon 2.3 in January! :)
(Last Minute Realization ... I have 45 followers? What? Man, I need to step up.)